Monday, October 26, 2009

Latest in Dating

I hesitate a little bit in writing this, but I've already shared the story with many of you (not that I have a huge blog following...). So I met a guy a while ago and I enjoyed our initial conversation a lot. He is good looking and seemed pretty normal.

Fast forward to the first date where I learned from him that I'm going to hell. OK in fairness he didn't say, "you are going to hell", but he did say that people like me wouldn't be saved. He also said that you were either saved or, well ... would be in hell.
Again fast forward to several phone conversations where the message was repeated. I kept trying to ask why he persisted in contacting me since, well ... you know. He said that I had a great spirit which is rare these days. I tried to point out that perhaps it was because, well ... perhaps I wasn't really going to hell, but just maybe my beliefs had something to do with it. Nope, that couldn't be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment